[ DOWNLOAD PDF COPY ] [ CLOSE ]
ElogHomes® Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes
Click on the link to register and enter if you are finished reading the Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes Rules!
Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes - OFFICIAL RULES
1. Log Home Builders Choice SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY DATES:
The eLogHomes® Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) entry period begins on Monday, July 25, 2016 a 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, December 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. There will be one (1) drawing to award one (1) prize. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of eLogHomes, 7310 Tyler Run, Battleboro, NC 27809 (“Sponsor”), and/or COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC, Framingham, MA 01702 www.cfapromo.com (the “Administrator”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), who are at least twenty one (21) years of age at the time of entry and who register with eLogHomes (“Entrant”). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Sweepstakes prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their Advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor's database clock will be the timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
You may enter this Sweepstakes at the Sponsor’s site.
Sponsor’s Site: visit the Sponsor’s Sweepstakes page at www.eloghomes.com/gallery/zonemap.php and complete all the required fields on the registration page entry form and submit. Limit: One (1) entry per household per email address during the Sweepstakes Period over the Sweepstakes Period. Official Rules for the Sweepstakes period are at http://www.LogHomeBuildersChoice.com.
Entries made by any other individual other than the person named in the entry or by any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for the Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entry materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the Prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Sweepstakes-related information to or from the web site or for any other technicalmalfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about Saturday, December 31, 2016 from all eligible entries received during the relevant Sweepstakes Period by the Administrator. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Prize winner will be notified by email. Sponsor shall have no liability for any prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any prize winner does not respond within (3) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such prize winner, such prize winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate prize winner may be selected. If any prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for entrant’s change of address, email availability, change of email, or change of phone number from the original Sweepstakes entry.
5. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, INSURERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, REPRESENTATIVES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND FULFILLMENT AGENCIES, AND LEGAL ADVISORS (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (B) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: Only the Prize listed below will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Sweetwater, complete, weather-tight, silver log home materials package. Approximate retail value $110,000.00
- Pressure treated sill plate; Termite shield / skirt flashing
- Conventional first floor system with bridging and hangers as applicable; includes construction adhesive and 23/32” OSB floor sheathing
- Log skirting (matching log siding profile)
- Track ‘n Lock logs – PRECUT AND NUMBERED for window/door openings and applicable corner system (Eastern White Pine; 13 courses for approximate 8' first floor ceiling, 8/6 log with notch & pass or optional corner system, to be noted differently on Sales Agreement) with vertical wall posts for inside and angled corners
- Window and door buck lumber
- Insulated low “E” double-hung, awning, angle bay, casement and special wood windows per plan with 5/4” x 4” exterior trim; includes snap-in colonial grilles and screens where applicable. (NOTE: All fixed upper gable glass is to be supplied by owner; 5/4” x 4” trim supplied with materials package)
- Choice of solid wood, stain-grade fiberglass, or steel insulated exterior doors with 5/4” x 4” exterior trim
- Interior partition framing with double top plate and single bottom plate; 2x6 framing where necessary for plumbing walls
- Conventional second floor system with bridging and hangers as applicable; includes construction adhesive and 23/32” OSB floor sheathing
- Interior stair systems – 2x12 stringers with 2x4 temporary treads
- Gable end framing per plan with gable trim
- 7/16” OSB sheathing and building wrap for exterior stud walls
- Matching log siding for gable ends, dormers and second story walls (and garage walls, if applicable) with 2” x 4” and 2" x 6” corner boards for angled corners, PRECUT false log corners for other corners (NOTE: False log corners NOT available for saddlenotch
- Conventionally framed roof system per plan, with sloped hangers for structural ridgeareas as applicable
- 7/16” OSB roof sheathing, 30# synthetic roof underlayment, and roll ridge vent as required
- 12” gable overhang, 12”-16” eave overhang
- Fascia boards and 3/8” rough sawn pine plywood soffit with vent strips
- 4x6 Porch posts and 6x8 carry beams (all S4S)
- Porch roof framing, sheathing, felt paper, and ceiling (3/8" rough sawn plywood)
- Pressure treated porch open deck, and exterior balcony framing (supports to grade by owner) and 5/4x6 bull-nosed decking (per plan); includes flashing and bolts for deck to house connection
- Round handcrafted White Cedar railing systems for porches, open decks, balconies, lofts, and open side(s) of interior stairways. Exterior stairs and stair rails are available as an upgrade order, and can be quoted once site grade is known
- Roof valley flashing and dormer step flashing, if applicable, and roof drip edge
- All required nails and log screws with washers
- Double row polyfoam gasket, hardwood dowels and caulking
- All attached/detached garages are supplied with 2x4 exterior framing, 7/16” OSB sheathing, building wrap, matching log siding, PRECUT false log corners where applicable, and conventionally framed roof system
- Illustrated construction manual, standard details and up to 5 sets of final blueprints
(1) Each eLogHomes log home is designed to meet at least the minimum standards of the 2012 International Residential Code and will, therefore, in many cases meet local building code requirements. However, some locations may impose other requirements which you must make eLogHomes aware of to insure that your log home is appropriately modified to meet those specific requirements.
(2) All eLogHomes log homes are designed to meet a 40 lb roof/snow load standard. Roof loading can easily be modified for your particular building location at either a modest extra charge (for higher load regions) OR a cost reduction (for lower load areas).
ALL other incidental expenses or upgrades (available at additional cost), not mentioned herein or not listed specifically in the silver complete package materials list are the responsibility of the prize winner. All taxes on prizes and cost of delivery are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves, in its sole discretion, the right to explore options individually with the prize winner as Sponsor deems necessary due to circumstances not under Sponsors control, or if the declared winner declines possession or is unable to take possession of the prize awarded. The Sponsor is in no way bound to conduct such option.
Settlement Price: If a valid entrant purchases a log home during the active Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes Period and then is also randomly selected by the sweepstakes Administrator as the eLogHomes Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes winner, Sponsor will refund the material cost of the log home prize package to the log home buyer/winner up to $50,000.
The potential winner will be required to sign (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility, (b) an Agreement of Publicity (granting Sponsor the right to use the name and image, along with any and all images of pre, during and post prize award and of the winner for all forms of print, voice, visual or electronic advertising and promotion purposes without additional compensation, limitation, restriction, notice, review or approval.), (c) a liability release, and (d) a form W9, Taxpayer Request for Identification, and return each of the properly executed documents to the Administrator within seven (7) days of attempted notification as a condition of awarding the prize. A potential winner who satisfies all of the Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes requirements, including without limitation, those set forth in this paragraph, will be designated the official winner (the “Winner”).
Winner is to allow seventy five (75) day minimum processing period that will commence after the winner is determined to be eligible for the prize and has been in direct contact with the Sponsor to discuss the prize and Sponsor and Winner obligations. The (75) day minimum period is required for Sponsor to process the log home. Winner has up to one full year to take delivery of the log home material package.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from: (I) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and (vi) use of any Prize.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state of North Carolina, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of- pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of state of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than state of North Carolina.
9. Winners List: For the name of the prize winner (available after 1/25/2017), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "eLogHomes “Log Home Builder’s Choice” Sweepstakes Winner, PO Box 2312, Framingham, MA 01703-2312. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the announcement date of the winners.
© eLogHomes - Log Home Builders Choice Sweepstakes. All rights reserved.